Molds are everywhere. They are fungi that grow where there is moisture, may that be inside or outside. Exposure to a damp and moldy indoor environment where microorganisms flourish does pose health risks, especially to people with mold allergies. Menold Construction and Restoration has a team of highly trained professionals that specialize in mold remediation, mold testing, and mold removal. However, there are steps you can take before mold becomes a serious problem in your home or business.
Here are some tips on mold prevention from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC):
- Maintain low humidity levels inside. An air conditioner or dehumidifier can help keep humidity low.
- Quickly repair leaky roofs, windows, and plumbing. These are prime areas for mold to enter your home.
- Keep your home well ventilated, especially your shower, cooking areas, and laundry room.
- Use mold-killing products to clean bathrooms.
- Remove or replace soaked carpets and upholstery that cannot be dried promptly. The CDC recommends against carpeting the floors of places like basements or bathrooms where there is a lot of moisture.
For more information about preventing mold, read the Environmental Protection Agency’s mold guide.
MOLD REMEDIATION, MOLD TESTING, MOLD REMOVAL
Water damage from a flood or unnoticed leak can cause mold to grow. It is important to act quickly to dry and clean your residence or commercial property.
If mold contaminates your property, you can count on Menold’s experts. We will identify the sources of mold, remove or treat infected materials, and address the issues causing the contamination.
In severe cases, Menold will call upon an independent hygienist to evaluate and to recommend remediation protocol. Our team will contain areas of concern with air infiltration to capture microscopic spores in the air to prevent the spread of mold. We will then clean and disinfect the structure and its contents using antimicrobial treatments to eliminate the mold and discourage mold growth. Menold will work to ensure that your property remains healthy for everyone.
Menold Construction and Restoration is located in Morton, Normal, and Champaign Illinois, and has been servicing Central Illinois for more than 35 years.