A mold infestation within your home can not only cause damage your property, it can also hurt your health. It's critical for homeowners to understand the dangers of mold, how to prevent mold growth, and when it may be time to ask for extra help.
1. Mold can grow on virtually any substance if moisture is present. This can include wood, paper, carpet, and food.
2. After prolonged exposure, mold can cause structural damage to your property. Since molds grow and feed on organic materials like wood and paper, things like wooden studs, floorboards, and drywall are all at risk of being destroyed, damaging your home's structural integrity.
3. Mold is often accompanied by a musty or foul smell, which can become commonplace for many homeowners. If visitors are informing you of the stench, it's probably time to consult a professional home mold removal specialist.
4. The presence of mold also contaminates indoor air, which can cause a variety of health issues for those inside. Inhaling or touching mold can cause allergic reactions, asthma, and other respiratory issues.
5. Mold growth in the home could be a sign of a larger issue such as water damage. Visible damage on walls far from water fixtures is a serious sign of mold and often indicates that a large amount has already spread.
It's important to seek assistance from a professional if your mold problem is getting out of hand or if your home has recently suffered water damage. The water damage restoration specialists at Menold are ready to help you rid your home of dangerous mold and restore it to its original condition. We have a team of highly trained professionals that specialize in mold remediation, mold testing, and mold removal. Visit our website to learn more or contact us on our 24-hour emergency service line at 877-636-6537.