Clean Air Month: 7 Tips to Prevent Mold
We tend to think of air pollution as an outside problem, but in reality, the air inside houses, offices, and other spaces can be even more polluted by a variety of things such as asbestos, nitrogen dioxide, and mold. Ensuring that we are breathing clean air in our homes and workplaces is critical to our overall health. With higher amounts of moisture comes an increase in the potential for mold, which releases "spores" into the air that are small enough to be inhaled. Inhalation of these spores can cause respiratory issues or aggravate existing conditions such as allergies and asthma.
Check out these tips to prevent mold growth:
1. Dry water-damaged areas and items within 24-48 hours.
2. Keep indoor humidity levels below 50 percent by using a dehumidifier.
3. Clean places where mold is likely to grow on a regular basis. Examples include refrigerators, window sills, basements, and bathrooms.
4. Use waterproof or mold resistant paint.
5. Regularly check and fix any leaking pipes.
6. Use a ventilation fan during showers or baths and keep it on for at least a half hour afterward.
7. Avoid installing carpet in areas with a perpetual moisture problem.
The key to mold prevention is moisture control. If your home or business has recently suffered from water damage, don't wait another second! Menold is here to help with quick and quality water damage restoration services that are sure to keep you happy and your space mold-free. Call us today 877-636-6537 or visit us online for more information.