Mold Removal in Peoria, IL
Mold is common. Tiny spores of mold are invisible to the naked eye and float through the air, inside and outside. Mold grows where there is moisture; it thrives in dark, damp places. So common are these fungi that you might not realize the damage mold can do to your home, business, and health. Menold Construction and Restoration has a team of highly trained professionals that specializes in mold remediation, mold testing, and mold removal in Peoria, IL. Here are five reasons that mold matters.
- Mold can impact your health. Inhaling or touching mold can cause allergic reactions in people sensitive to the fungi. Symptoms may include sneezing, red eyes, or a skin rash. Mold may lead to an increased risk of respiratory problems for certain people. Molds can also cause asthma attacks in asthma sufferers or people with allergies.
- Mold can rot your house. Leaky roofs can lead to water collecting on top of ceilings. Do not paint over wet or moldy surfaces. Fix the water problem first and then paint any damaged ceilings or walls. Watch your water bill. If it spikes, an unnoticed water leak may be to blame. Hidden leaks can lead to mold growth on or behind walls.
- Mold can compromise your building’s structure. Drain gutters are important for moving water away from your home and preventing mold from growing. Make sure that they are long enough to redirect water at least 5 feet from the foundation.
- Mold can damage your furnishings. Keep your household items dry. If your carpet or furniture gets wet, quickly dry it.
- Clothes are susceptible to mold when they are stored in closets or other places where conditions are humid. Keep all of your rooms well ventilated. The Environmental Protection Agency recommends maintaining inside humidity levels between 30 and 50 percent. If a room is too humid, try using a dehumidifier to prevent mold growth.
Menold Construction and Restoration is located in Morton, Normal, and Champaign, Illinois, and has been servicing Central Illinois for more than 35 years.