Menold Construction Champaign has served Mahomet and Central Illinois for over four decades. We strive to provide the best possible mold removal and mold remediation in Champaign IL, which is why we're committed to further education and development of our team. We want to keep homes in Champaign-Urbana mold free!
Our Champaign Mold Removal Services Include:
- Champaign-Urbana Bathroom Mold Removal
- Crawl Space Mold Removal Champaign IL
- Attic Mold Removal in Mahomet
- Champaign Bathtub Mold Removal
Mold is one of the major effects of water damage, and it can be destructive to both your property and your health, as well as the health of loved ones and family. Mold grows in places with moisture and thrives in dark, damp places. Menold Construction and Restoration has a team of highly trained professionals that specializes in mold remediation, mold testing, and mold removal in Champaign-Urbana, IL.
In essence, no. Mold remediation is a more technical and more accurate term for mold removal, as it's impossible to entirely remove all mold spoors from a home or business, though some mold remediation companies will make promises about removing 100% of mold. Mold spores are microscopic and exist naturally almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors, so the Menold Champaign team will focus on getting mold levels back to normal, natural levels.
Black mold is a more serious problem than typical mold. Exposure can cause respiratory issues ranging from mild to severe, which is why it's important for homeowners to contact a mold-removal specialist. Black mold can form in the walls before spreading to drywall or other surfaces, so chances are that homeowners may smell its odor before seeing it. You should also hire a mold-removal specialist if the black mold has moved into your walls, in order to stop the problem before it spreads further.
Here are five reasons Mahomet homeowners should be concerned about mold:
- Mold is harmful for your lungs and health. Inhaling and touching mold can cause allergic reactions in people sensitive to it. Symptoms may include sneezing, red eyes, or a skin rash. Mold may lead to an increased risk of respiratory problems for certain people. Molds can also cause asthma attacks in asthma sufferers or people with allergies.
- Mold can cause your Champaign home to rot. Leaky roofs can lead to water collecting on top of ceilings or between walls. Do not paint over wet or moldy surfaces. Fix the water problem first and then paint any damaged ceilings or walls. Watch your water bill. If it spikes, an unnoticed water leak may be to blame. Leaks can lead to mold growth on or behind walls.
- Mold can cause serious structural issues. Drain gutters are important for moving water away from your home and preventing mold from growing. Make sure that they are long enough to redirect water at least 5 feet from the foundation.
- Mold can ruin your home furnishings. Keep your household items dry. If your furniture gets wet, quickly dry it. Don’t put carpets in locations that are frequently wet, such as bathrooms and basements. We can help with restoration of water-damaged items.
- Mold can ruin your clothes, especially when they are stored in closets or other places where conditions are humid. Keep your home well ventilated. Humidity levels between 30 and 50 percent are recommended inside. If a room is too humid, try using a dehumidifier to prevent mold growth.
There are many types of mold, and many options for getting rid of mold in your house. The mold removal experts at Menold Champaign can help remove mold from wood, remove mold from walls, remove mold from the shower & bathroom, remove mold from the kitchen, remove mold from the basement, and anywhere else.
Menold Construction & Restoration Champaign is available 24/7 for emergency services. Our mold remediation team is there for your home restoration services and black mold remediation. Day or night, you can count on our team of experienced professionals.
Menold Construction & Restoration Champaign
807 W Oak St, Mahomet, IL 61853