Menold Construction brings over four decades of experience providing water damage restoration in Champaign IL. For the past four decades, we've served Mahomet, Savoy, Rantoul, and other cities in Champaign County, providing water damage repair and restoration.
- Water Damage Repair
- Mold Remediation
- Sewage Cleanup
Water damage can have short-term and long-term impacts on your home or business. A flood can force you out of your home. An unnoticed leak may have subtler effects, such as allowing mold to grow behind your walls or water to pool above your ceiling. Menold Construction and Restoration has highly trained professionals who will respond quickly when your business or home requires water damage restoration services in Mahomet, IL.
- appliance leaks
- carpet & upholstery
- drying & dehumidification
- burst & leaking pipes
- sewage backup
- fire fighting damage
- flooded basements
- roof leaks & failures
Water damage can have many sources, from loose appliance hoses to natural disasters. Regardless of the source, Menold Champaign professionals can handle any size disaster.
- Flooding and storm damage
- Leaking appliances, water heaters, plumbing, etc.
- Overflowing toilets, bathtubs, and sinks
- Flooded basements
- Tornadoes and thunderstorms
- Hurricanes and tropical storms
- Sewage backups
- Flooding from firefighting efforts
There are things you can watch for in order to minimize water damage caused by a flood, storm, or leak.
- Watch your water bill. A sudden increase in your bill could mean you have an unchecked water leak. Pooled water can rot your walls from the inside and create the conditions where mold will grow.
- Look out for mold. Molds are common fungi that grow inside and outside the home. But they thrive in damp, dark environments, such as basements and bathrooms. A home or business that has suffered water damage needs to be alert for the presence of mold. It can have long-term health effects on the people who live and work there. Symptoms can range from a skin rash and sneezing to more severe respiratory problems. People with allergies are especially vulnerable to mold’s negative effects.
- Dry soaked furnishings ASAP. Make sure to ventilate areas exposed to heavy moisture so mold and mildew don’t have time to find a home in your home. Also dry carpets or rugs that have been exposed to heavy doses of water.
- Monitor your home's drainage. Make sure that downspouts are redirecting water at least five feet away from your foundation. Water can cause structural problems if it is allowed to pool too close to the building. Also, check your gutters and clear them of any debris.
- Check for frozen pipes in winter. Insulate pipes in attics and basements and those exposed to the exterior so they don’t freeze. Disconnect your garden hose when temperatures drop below freezing.
- Take a look at your roof and windows after a major storm. Don’t wait until there is a hole in your ceiling or a puddle on your floor to see if all is well. Check for missing shingles and cracked windows to prevent rain and moisture from getting in your home.
One last tip: we recommend you check your sump pump every few months and clean it annually before spring rains come. The best way to keep dry is to prepare for the worst and be ready to respond quickly when major water damage does strike.
Menold Construction & Restoration Mahomet
807 W Oak St, Mahomet, IL 61853