Skip to Content
Preserving A Historic Home After Fire

An insurance agent reached out to our Business Development Manager as soon as he heard the news - his insured had suffered a fire. It was reported a large tree was struck by lightning, dropping a large limb onto a power line, and then onto the roof of this beautiful historic home in Gibson City. It caused heavy electrical damage, but more than that - sparked a fire causing damage to the entire home.

 

The Fire Department dispatched first, venting the roof and putting out the flames. Menold followed by securing the roof and meeting with the homeowner to talk about the next steps. The exterior of the home was solid brick and virtually untouched, but inside was another story. The homeowner chose a few select contents to hang on to, then our team completed a pack out of restorable contents and brought everything back to our warehouse for cleaning and safe keeping. 

 

Demolition of walls and ceilings started soon after, then framing corrections, fresh kitchen layout plans and roof repairs. Menold Superintendent, Mark Bradley, led the homeowner through this project with compassion and true integrity. There was an antique sink in the basement that was deemed unsalvageable and left Ms. Potts heartbroken. Mark donated an almost identical sink to her that he brought in from his very own home. This is not surprising, because Mark has the biggest heart and is a true servant leader. 

 

We were so happy to hand the keys back over to the homeowner. This home had been in her family for generations, and it meant the world to us to restore it back to its natural beauty. 

Get Help Now