Peoria's MOLD experts
Mold is a part of our natural environment, and we are exposed to it everyday, by touch or even breathing it in. It's nearly impossible to be 100% mold free in your home or business. After a water source is introduced, mold can start to take form in as little as 24-48 hours.
An immediate call to Menold for mold removal after you experience water damage is crucial to get moisture levels under control and prevent mold from taking over your property. We are proud to provide mold removal for Peoria and all of Central Illinois, including Bloomington-Normal & Champaign-Urbana.
HOW TO KNOW IF MOLD IS IN YOUR HOME
- Smell: A musty or mildew-like smell can be a sign of mold
Allergy-like symptoms: Respiratory issues, headaches, trouble sleeping, and dizziness
- Moisture problems: Excessive condensation on cold surfaces, windows, and metal pipes
- Seeing mold: We call it "visual discoloration"
- Professional testing: The absolute best way to know if you have mold
PREVENTING MOLD damage
- Keep humidity in check, and use a dehumidifier if needed
- Repair leaking roofs, windows, and pipes quickly
- Use exhaust fans in the kitchen and bathroom
- Call Menold to dry out your basement or any area of your home after a water loss
DOES MOLD CAUSE HEALTH PROBLEMS?
It's true, mold can cause health issues. Everyone reacts to mold differently, and there is no way for a remediation expert to tell if it is affecting you - we always recommend a health professional for that diagnosis.
Mold Removal Peoria, Bloomington-Normal, Champaign-Urbana