Mold is a part of our natural environment, and we are exposed to it everyday, by touch or even breathing it in. It's nearly impossible to be 100% mold free in your home or business. After a water source is introduced, mold can start to take form in as little as 24-48 hours.
An immediate call to Menold after you experience water damage is crucial to get moisture levels under control and prevent mold from taking over your property.
- Smell: A musty or mildew-like smell can be a sign of mold
Allergy-like symptoms: Respiratory issues, headaches, trouble sleeping, and dizziness
- Moisture problems: Excessive condensation on cold surfaces, windows, and metal pipes
- Seeing mold: We call it "visual discoloration"
- Professional testing: The absolute best way to know if you have mold
- Keep humidity in check, and use a dehumidifier if needed
- Repair leaking roofs, windows, and pipes quickly
- Use exhaust fans in the kitchen and bathroom
- Call Menold to dry out your basement or any area of your home after a water loss
DOES MOLD CAUSE HEALTH PROBLEMS?
It's true, mold can cause health issues. Everyone reacts to mold differently, and there is no way for a remediation expert to tell if it is affecting you - we always recommend a health professional for that diagnosis.