Menold Construction Bloomington has been serving Central Illinois for more than four decades. We have several years of experience and expertise when it comes to mold removal and mold remediation in Bloomington IL. We are committed to keeping homes in Bloomington and Normal mold-free!
Our Bloomington-Normal Mold Removal Services Include:
- Bloomington-Normal Bathroom Mold Removal
- Crawl Space Mold Removal Bloomington IL
- Attic Mold Removal in Bloomington
- Bloomington Bathtub Mold Removal
Water damage can be destructive to your property and to your health. One major reason for that is mold. Mold grows where there is moisture and thrives in dark, damp places. Menold Construction and Restoration has a team of highly trained professionals that specializes in mold remediation, mold testing, and mold removal in Bloomington-Normal, IL.
In essence, no. Mold remediation is a more technical and more accurate term for mold removal, as it's impossible to entirely remove all mold spoors from a home or business, though some mold remediation companies will make promises about removing 100% of mold. Mold spores are microscopic and exist naturally almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors, so the Menold Bloomington team will focus on getting mold levels back to normal, natural levels.
Here are five reasons Bloomington homeowners should be concerned about mold:
- Mold can hurt your health. Inhaling and touching mold can cause allergic reactions in people sensitive to these fungi. Symptoms may include sneezing, red eyes, or a skin rash. Mold may lead to an increased risk of respiratory problems for certain people. Molds can also cause asthma attacks in asthma sufferers or people with allergies.
- Mold can rot your house. Leaky roofs can lead to water collecting on top of ceilings or between walls. Do not paint over wet or moldy surfaces. Fix the water problem first and then paint any damaged ceilings or walls. Watch your water bill. If it spikes, an unnoticed water leak may be to blame. Leaks can lead to mold growth on or behind walls.
- Mold can put your building’s structure at risk. Drain gutters are important for moving water away from your home and preventing mold from growing. Make sure that they are long enough to redirect water at least 5 feet from the foundation.
- Mold can ruin your furnishings. Keep your household items dry. If your furniture gets wet, quickly dry it. Don’t put carpets in locations that are frequently wet, such as bathrooms and basements.
- Mold can ruin your clothes, especially when they are stored in closets or other places where conditions are humid. Keep your home well ventilated. Humidity levels between 30 and 50 percent are recommended inside. If a room is too humid, try using a dehumidifier to prevent mold growth.
Menold Construction & Restoration Bloomington
112 Merle Ln, Normal, IL 61761