Menold Construction is proud to offer mold removal in Peoria IL and nearby cities. We bring over 4 decades of experience with mold removal and mold remediation, meaning we can have your Peoria home mold-free in no time.
Our Mold Removal Services Include:
- Peoria Bathroom Mold Removal
- Crawl Space Mold Removal Peoria IL
- Attic Mold Removal in Peoria
- Peoria Bathtub Mold Removal
Mold is common. Tiny spores of mold are invisible to the naked eye and float through the air, inside and outside. Mold grows where there is moisture; it thrives in dark, damp places. So common are these fungi that you might not realize the damage mold can do to your home, business, and health. Menold Construction and Restoration has a team of highly trained professionals that specializes in mold remediation, mold testing, and mold removal in Peoria, IL.
In essence, no. Mold remediation is a more technical and more accurate term for mold removal, as it's impossible to entirely remove all mold spoors from a home or business, though some mold remediation companies will make promises about removing 100% of mold. Mold spores are microscopic and exist naturally almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors, so the Menold Peoria team will focus on getting mold levels back to normal, natural levels.
Black mold is a more serious problem than typical mold. Exposure can cause respiratory issues ranging from mild to severe, which is why it's important for homeowners to contact a mold-removal specialist. Black mold can form in the walls before spreading to drywall or other surfaces, so chances are that homeowners may smell its odor before seeing it. You should also hire a mold-removal specialist if the black mold has moved into your walls, in order to stop the problem before it spreads further.
Here are five reasons that mold matters:
- Mold can impact your health. Inhaling or touching mold can cause allergic reactions in people sensitive to the fungi. Symptoms may include sneezing, red eyes, or a skin rash. Mold may lead to an increased risk of respiratory problems for certain people. Molds can also cause asthma attacks in asthma sufferers or people with allergies.
- Mold can rot your house. Leaky roofs can lead to water collecting on top of ceilings. Do not paint over wet or moldy surfaces. Fix the water problem first and then paint any damaged ceilings or walls. Watch your water bill. If it spikes, an unnoticed water leak may be to blame. Hidden leaks can lead to mold growth on or behind walls.
- Mold can compromise your building’s structure. Drain gutters are important for moving water away from your home and preventing mold from growing. Make sure that they are long enough to redirect water at least 5 feet from the foundation.
- Mold can damage your furnishings. Keep your household items dry. If your carpet or furniture gets wet, quickly dry it.
- Clothes are susceptible to mold when they are stored in closets or other places where conditions are humid. Keep all of your rooms well ventilated. The Environmental Protection Agency recommends maintaining inside humidity levels between 30 and 50 percent. If a room is too humid, try using a dehumidifier to prevent mold growth.
There are many types of mold, and many options for getting rid of mold in your house. The mold removal experts at Menold Peoria can help remove mold from wood, remove mold from walls, remove mold from the shower & bathroom, remove mold from the kitchen, remove mold from the basement, and anywhere else.
Menold Construction & Restoration Peoria is available 24/7 for emergency services. Our mold remediation team is there for your home restoration services and black mold remediation. Day or night, you can count on our team of experienced professionals.
Menold Construction Peoria
880 W Jefferson St, Morton, IL 61550