Menold Construction is proud to provide storm damage restoration in Champaign-Urbana & Mahomet. Our team has the expertise and the resources to handle any size disaster and can respond immediately to storm and flooding conditions. During storms and major events, our can respond immediately with additional resources.
- Thunderstorms & Lightning Strikes Restoration Champaign IL
- Champaign IL Tornado Damage Restoration
- Tree Damage Repair Champaign IL
Hail can be a major problem for you and your property. Every year hail causes a billion dollars in damage in the United States. Unfortunately, Illinois and its nearly 13 million residents are especially vulnerable to damaging hailstorms. In 2014, Illinois reported the second highest number of hail damage claims in the country, and in the previous 14 years, hail caused an average loss of about $180 million a year, the fifth highest nationwide. Menold Construction and Restoration has the experts to assess and repair any hail damage that your home or business may suffer in Champaign-Urbana, IL. Our professionals provide full restoration services in Champaign-Urbana and the surrounding areas.
But before you need our help, keep in mind a few tips that might limit the damage to you and your home.
- Go inside and bring your pets with you. If you get caught outside in a hailstorm, return inside as quickly as possible. Hail as large as 4 inches in diameter has been reported in Central Illinois just in the last couple of years. Imagine what kind of damage this softball-size frozen ice can cause.
- Protect your head. If you are stuck outside, cover your head with whatever is available. It is the part of your body most vulnerable to a serious injury.
- Keep away from windows. Hail can smash through glass, posing a threat to you and your family.
- Move your vehicle to a garage or carport. If you are driving, pull into a gas station or a sheltered parking lot. The longer you continue to drive in a hailstorm the more damage you are likely to do to your vehicle.
Hail damage and strong storms go hand-in-hand. Heavy winds frequently accompany hailstorms and bring gusts strong enough to knock down trees and utility poles. Be wary of strong storms; these weather conditions may mean a tornado is on its way.
Menold Construction & Restoration Mahomet
807 W Oak St, Mahomet, IL 61853