Menold Construction has decades of experience providing storm damage restoration in Peoria, Morton, Pekin, and Washington. Our team brings expertise and resources to handle disasters of all sizes and can respond immediately to storm and flooding conditions. During storms and major events, our can respond immediately with additional resources.
- Thunderstorms & Lightning Strikes Restoration Peoria IL
- Peoria IL Tornado Damage Restoration
- Tree Damage Repair Peoria IL
In 2013, a tornado caused massive property damage in Washington IL and nearby areas, and served as a reminder to all Central Illinois residents of how powerful storms can change lives in a moment’s notice. The entire Peoria was affected, suffering extensive hail damage as pellets of frozen rain measuring as large as four inches in diameter, or the size of a softball, pelted the community. Many Peoria homes and businesses also required tree damage repair as high winds wreaked havoc across the city.
In terms of the amount of harm caused, the horrific tornado in Washington may have been a fairly uncommon event. Hail damage is not. Hail causes $1 billion in lost property and crops each year. In 2014, Illinois reported the second highest number of hail damage claims in the country. There are things you can do, however, to limit the damage hail can cause to you and your property. Here are some safety tips from the National Weather Service:
- Keep away from windows. Hail can smash through the glass, injuring you and anyone else nearby.
- Move your vehicle to a garage or other shelter. If you are driving, pull into a gas station. The longer that you drive in a hailstorm the more damage you are likely to do to your vehicle.
- Get inside and bring your pets with you. If you get caught outside in a hailstorm, flee indoors as soon as possible. If you are stuck outside, at least protect your head, which is the part of your body most vulnerable to a serious injury. Just imagine what softball-size hail could do to you or a loved one.
Hail and tree damage often go hand-in-hand. Heavy winds frequently accompany hailstorms and bring gusts strong enough to knock down trees and utility poles. Be wary of these storms; these weather conditions may mean a tornado is on its way.
Menold Construction Peoria
880 W Jefferson St, Morton, IL 61550